North Dakota BOY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
I am new to brewing, I have a batch of Australian coopers Draught that I racked 4 days a go, I have Ben working out of town and when I looked at it today it is not bubbling the temperature usually stays between 68 and 70 deg in the Kitchen. I pulled a sample a few minutes ago it is clear and tastes good. any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I am hoping to learn how to make a beer that taste like Samuel Adams Boston Lager but I will need to invest in the equipment to make beer from scratch, I will need to buy a good book on brewing but they were sold out when I bought my Kit. We made a lot of wine and some beer when I was younger and I still have a lot of the things we made it with in the basement there is 1 old oak barrel left to that looks good, and a lot of crocks that no one uses any more.
Thank you Randy

Welcome!

Funny you mention Sam Adams Boston Lager. I started because I wanted to brew Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I tried that twice. Never was happy with the results. I have only tried a few of the highly recommended recipes but I have brewed them several time because people like them and it helps me dial in my process/equipment.

Welcome, you may have missed all the excitement while you where gone.
Over at the Beginners Beer Brewing Forum you can get some help.:mug:

Welcome Randy! My wife is from Lansford. Been up that way a number of times.

Some books I'd recommend are How to Brew by John Palmer (also old version is free online www.howtobrew.com), Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels, and though I've not read this one yet I hear good things about the Radical Brewing book.

If you can't find them in person I'm sure Amazon.com has them online.

Sweet, the Lansford threshing show - highlight of the summer :drunk:! My brother-in-law lived in Lansford for several years.

Welcome to the brewing world! Im originally from Glen Ullin, I now live in Germany but I do miss North Dakota!

Sweet, the Lansford threshing show - highlight of the summer :drunk:! My brother-in-law lived in Lansford for several years.

What was his name? In a town of 200 people I'm sure they knew each other.

I've been to the threshing show. I think they're having it again this year during their all class reunion in June.

Back