Noobie Keg Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinJay

Reaction score
Okay I have been doing some researching and I have found what I believe to be the correct info that I need, but not real sure. I am getting ready to keg my first beer this weekend, and was trying to find the best info for carbing the beer. I have made a Dunkelweizen and according to the site, http://www.tastybrew.com./calculators/carbonation.html, I need a CO2 volume of 4.04, does this seem right? The site says to set my pressure to 28.8 for 40 degrees F. Side note is this a good temp? Need some suggestions there, not real sure. Now if I force carb, how much pressure should I add when I shake it? Thanks in advance for any help. Hoping to get my pics up from my keezer build soon, just would like to be pouring a beer from it first.

here's a chart with temps and pressures to produce the levels of CO2 desired. 4 volumes of CO2 seems like a HELL of a lot to me. The yellow range below is "typical".

EDIT: I don't know that I've ever had much Dunkelweizen, but if it's supposed to be 4 volumes of CO2, then so be it. The calculator is indeed showing you the right pressure at your temperature to get 4 volumes

carbchart.jpg

That pressure is correct for the style at that temp. With that much pressure you will need about 10ft of 3/16 line to balance the system and keep from getting glasses of foam.

Back