Noob upgrading a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jts15

Reaction score
I bought the kegerator pictured on Craigslist for $60, picking it up Thursday. Figured if the fridge won't work I can replace it. It was used for sanke kegs so I have to make some changes. I've done some research and searches but I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with info. I'd like to take advantage of Austin Homebrew Supply's sale (NY is up this week). I was wondering if you fine folks can make some recommendations.

1. I'm going to make a 2 faucet PVC tower as I saw in a thread on this board. I'm going with the Perlick faucets but not really sure what I need on the backside.
I think it is one of these elbows plus a short shank (2"), correct? Austin Homebrew Supply

2. I'm going to replace the liquid and gas lines all around. Not really sure I fully understand the whole "balancing" concept so I think I'll be sure to get extra of each. 10' air and 20' beer should be enough for 2 kegs?

3. Fittings and disconnects. I'll need an FFL fitting with clamp for each keg and a tee at the regulator minimum?...and the the MFL quick disconnects are optional, correct? I also see barbed quick disconnects on AHS. Anything else needed to hook up to a corny?

4. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but if I want to be able to carb at different pressures I need to add a gauge to the regulator, correct? Is that possible and what would I need?

I guess that's all for now. Any other advice you can give based on your experience is appreciated. I'm going to keep reading threads and looking for more ideas. Thanks in advance! :mug:
image001.jpg

Well, at the very least I would say you need some new beer line and a sanke keg. I would clean up what you have and play w/ it as is. One tap out the front...maybe another keg on a cobra tap. Get it up and running and it will become more evident which direction to go.

Two seperate pressures will require a secondary regulator.

Back