Noob question about "Set it an forget it" carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

as1084

Reaction score
I am a noob to kegging and I know this might be a stupid question. I have decided to go with the set it and forget it method. my question is:

Right before I serve it for the first time, do I still need to release the pressure like you have to do when you force carb at higher psi (e.g. 30 psi)? also when i go a day or 2 between serving/sessions, do i need to release the pressure again? sorry if this question is confusing.

for example, if I served a couple beers tonight, then my next serving is a day or 2 from now, do I have to release the pressure before every session when there is a gap like that?

I would just like to mention again that i am using the set it and forget it method. Thanks!

alright thanks! i was pretty sure I didn't have to release the pressure. just wanted to double check so my beer comes out great for my first time kegging.

Back