Noob Mistake, Primed and no caps !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlg5039

Reaction score
I wasn't even thinking about it. I mixed the priming sugar and racked onto it. I organized my bottles and was getting all set to fill them and discovered I only have 3 caps :mad:

Will it be okay to let it sit in the bottling bucket for another hour and a half until the LHBS opens?

Yes! You will be fine!

The yeast will start working fast, but it will definitely take long enough to carb up. It needs a few days to fully do its thing.

Kinda funny that you had no caps, I always have about 200 more than I need around, as I am paranoid I will run into the exact same problem.

I buy several hundred caps at a time, so I never thought to check because usually there's a small bucket full of them.

Oh well, live and learn!

An hour and a half I wouldn't think would make a huge difference. It will probably be fine but if your concerned you could let it ferment out for another week or two and prime it again.

It'll be fine for that amount of time. I save all the bags of non o2 barrier caps for just such emergencies. But I buy 2-3 144 count bags of o2 caps at a time. I have a 1G zip lock bag full of bags of caps. & 45 cooper's PET bottles with caps as well. So I guess you could say I have 3 redundant back ups. lolz. Houston,we have a problem...

I'm paranoid about this as well. Geez, I"m so paranoid, I'm in the process of getting two of everything at a minimum....I think I haz a problem.

Bottled and tucked away by 1130, no problem.

I'm also the proud owner of 1000 more caps.

Back