Noisy Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FB12

Reaction score
Hello All,
Just hooked up a Taprite dual body regulator to a 20lb. CO2 tank for the keezer I built. When the cylinder is opened up, the regulator makes a hissing noise continuously. I sprayed starsan on all connections & don't see any leaks. Is it normal for the reg. to make noise while gas is passing through? Just doesn't seem right. I didn't hear that when purging kegs with another single body reg. Any help appreciated! Thanks. :confused:

It'll make a hiss as it fills the keg, but it should stop once it hits equallibrium.

Spray it with soapy water to see if you get any foam. Also where all the fittings are too. Sometimes starsan doesn't show a leak unless it's big.

Thanks for reply. I found out it's the second reg. body that's apparently leaking from behind the black plastic part that the adjustment knob goes into. Do these things come apart or am I SOL? This is the second reg. I bought that has issues.:mad: regulator.jpg

You can take them apart. There could be an issue with the seal.

I emailed Tap Rite & they sent me detailed instructions for taking it apart. After doing so twice, checking for a loose capsule, it still leaked. Their customer service is awesome & they're sending me a new complete unit. Thumbs up to TapRite!! :rockin:

I emailed Tap Rite & they sent me detailed instructions for taking it apart. After doing so twice, checking for a loose capsule, it still leaked. Their customer service is awesome & they're sending me a new complete unit. Thumbs up to TapRite!! :rockin:

Was it a brand new unit or did you buy it used?

It was a brand new unit that I purchased online late last year. I couldn't find reciept, but they honored warranty anyway. It sucks that it was defective in the first place, but at least they were quick to stand behind the product.

Latest posts

Back