no ring when bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyguner03

Reaction score
i recently switched cappers with a friend. i had the black and he gave me the red. the black capper was hard to use and gave all circles on the bottle caps. with the red capper every other would have a circle. before i started the bottling i went to my LHBS and told them my issue with the capper. and they said there is nothing to worry about. is that true? or did i just bottle a half a batch that will be spoiled?
...sorry if im doing a repost but i searched for something like this and couldnt find one

Nope, nothing to worry about. I've noticed the appearance of a circle depends on how hard I push down on the cappers. If you just squeeze and don't apply downward force, I don't get the circles. This is for both cappers, red and black. I too get more circles with the black capper than the red. Again, no need to worry.

I have noticed this ring on around 50% of bottles with my red capper. I have had no problem with the ones that had no ring visible. I just check the tightness by hand and if the cap comes off, I simply recap.

Latest posts

Back