No NSF SS Pot, ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spludge

Reaction score
Bought this pot on EBay earlier. Upon a closer look I noticed in the ad it said "Sorry NO NSF if it had it would be twice the cost"
I don't think this will be a hazard but wanted to double check and see if anyone had some insight into this.
Here is an article about NSF as well.
TIA for any replies:mug:

if its all stainless I see no problem. have you tried to stick a magnet on it to see??
as far as I could tell NSF cert just means the materials have been fully tested for human food contact.. I bet its fine in all country's but ours

That's what I was hoping, I will test it with magnet when I receive it in a few days.

Thanks guys

if its all stainless I see no problem. have you tried to stick a magnet on it to see??
as far as I could tell NSF cert just means the materials have been fully tested for human food contact.. I bet its fine in all country's but ours

I would image that they would need all the material certificates for the stainless steel that was used to make the pots, and fill in 27 forms.... in triplicate..... by hand..... for each pot:cross: basically as you said same product just 500x more paperwork to slap a sticker on it!

Back