No More Sanyos!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky7

Reaction score
Hey all -

My girlfriend is looking to get me a minifridge for a kegerator conversion, but there are no more Sanyo's!! I've searched for alternatives, but all the alternatives listed on the forum are either no longer available at best buy, or above the ~200$ price range! Does anyone have any recommendations as for something that could CURRENTLY be bought at a Best Buy or Costco?

She wants to go soon, and I thought I had this covered! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I got mine at Fry's for $189...I did have to pay shipping but I suppose the $40 was worth it to me to get exactly what I wanted and to be able to follow the guides that were here in the forum. I was a little nervous about drilling into another model...hell, I was nervous about the sanyo even after hours and hours of research! :eek:

FRYS.com*|*Sanyo

There was a thread about a Haier(?) at target last week for $79 that worked.

It's a good price, and I'm not saying they aren't suitable, but be aware that these do not use standard refrigeration circuits. If the unit is to placed in a warmer environment in my not be able to reach/hold you desired serving temp.

cheers

Home Depot Magic Chef 7.2cf freezer for $216... and fits 6 kegs! Well worth the $16 over the $200 limit IMO.

That's exactly what I got. We got the floor model for like 145 bucks. It will fit 6 corny kegs? Holy CRAP! I haven't tried putting my 2 kegs in there, but I didn't think it would fit that many...

Edit: Correction - we got The GE 7.0 Cu Ft model - http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...3&cm_mmc=shopping-_-google-_-D29X-_-100598963

I hope is still fits a few!

Back