No low pressure reading on Draught Tech Dual Gauge Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewitt

Reaction score
OK, newbie kegging questions. I'm trying to get set up for legging. I just picked up a 5 lb CO2 tank with a Draught Tech Dual Gauge regulator along with a Perlick tap and shank, tubing and a couple Sanke D couplers on Craigslist.

First the most important question. The tank has enough gas to bring the high pressure gauge to the top of the "Order Gas" segment (~500 psi). When I turn the screw on the regulator gas flows with the spigot open but when I close it there is no pressure reading on the low pressure dial.
Should I assume the dial is defective or is there some other issue that might be happening? Any suggestions for what I should do about that?

Next, I am trying to find a couple of used ball lock corny kegs and couplers. But I will have three Sanke D couplers and Bronco Pump. Will people want those if I put them up for sale and how much should I ask?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Do all the gauges drop to zero if you close the tank valve and pull the prv? If not, I'd say you have a bad gauge (whichever one does not drop). If they all drop (eventually) to zero when you close the tank valve without pulling the relief valve, you have a leak.

The low pressure (secondary?) valve never shows any reading. When I have the valve on the tank off, both gauges are zero. When I turn the valve on the high pressure goes to 500 psi and the low stays at zero. When I turn the screw valve on the regulator nothing happens if the little turn valve in the outgoing Line is closed but when I open that gas flows (as it should, I think). When I close that line I expected that the low pressure gauge would read a pressure but it does not. When I turn the valve on the tank off the high pressure stays up until I bleed off the pressure by opening the valve on the outgoing line.

I know this isn't right. I am just trying to figure out the possible causes.

Thanks.

Thanks, I picked up a low pressure gauge today. Also a couple of corny kegs and connectors. Doing my first kegging and force carbonating tomorrow after I rebuild and clean up the system tonight. Should be fun and interesting.

OK, the new gauge fixed that problem, now I have a new newbie kegging question. I picked up two used corny kegs and cleaned and rebuilt them. They are holding 25 lb of pressure nicely and look nice and clean. However, when I was pressurizing them I heard leaking in my gas side ball lock connector. It is white plastic and has what is apparently a screwdriver slot in the top. That can be turned and leaks more when I loosen it and a little less when I tighten it but there is still a slow leak. The liquid side doesn't do that. I don't know what that slot is for and I can't figure out whether it is missing something or is just defective. Can someone set me straight here?

I hope to keg 10 gallons of beer tomorrow, 5 of an Amarillo/Citra IPA and 5 of a belgian IPA with Citra and Belma dry hop. Excited but concerned about losing all my gas to a leak.

Sorry, ignore please. I didn't take the time to search. There is lots about this in the forums.

Yep, just like they said. The connector was missing the top gasket. Need to get the right one but for now one I had lying around is working, just thicker than its supposed to be.

Back