No longer just a lurker from Lancaster, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8rnw8

Reaction score
Hello all! I found HomeBrewTalk after searching for information to help me get off on the right foot with my brewing. I've been lurking around here for months, and finally decided to become a member. I belong to various other forums (many of which I no longer frequent), so now I make sure that my new found interest is here to stay before joining the associated forum.

I am definitely still a noob. I've brewed 3 beers (2 northern brewers kits, and just recently Yooper's Rogue Dead Guy Clone), but of those three, 2 are still in carboys. My first beer was ok, but I transferred too early to secondary, and let my specialty grains get a little too hot. Having read many anti-secondary threads here, I think the two beers I have in primary now are just going to sit there for a month.

My favorite commercial beers are Magic hat #9, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Smithwick's, and most Oktoberfests (I CAN'T WAIT to try a Mocktoberfest, I already have a northern brewers German Alt Kit that I'm going to add some Munich to, and decrease the hops a little to try to achieve something similar)

I love brewing beer even more than I love drinking beer, so much so that I have delusions about one day (way down the road) opening a brewery with a few interested friends. We are all just starting out, so we have lots to learn! Even if the brewery doesn't happen, I love beer, brewing, and the people I have met who share the interest.

In addition to brewing, I like camping, movies, music, and tennis.

I feel like I know some of you already just from reading countless posts, but I'm looking forward to meeting more of you, and maybe even connecting with forum members in my area.

Cheers!
-8rnw8-
:mug:

Welcome! I'm originally from Lancaster but am now living in Lebanon. I'm sure you'll pick up a ton of information here!

snowveil said:
Welcome! I'm originally from Lancaster but am now living in Lebanon. I'm sure you'll pick up a ton of information here!

Thanks! I'm interning at the Lebanon VA, so I'm slightly familiar with that area also.

Zen_Brew said:
Welcome to the forum Amishland brewer.

Hmmm... Amishland Brewing Company? I think I'll keep brainstorming, but the logo would be fun! (beard and hat silhouette)

Welcome! I grew up in Lancaster county but have since moved to Philly. Glad to see brewing is really starting to take hold out that way. Cheers!

Welcome! Where in Lancaster? I'm in neffsville. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm on these boards like it's my job!

Actually, I am at my job right now, missing the incoming storms and such :-( 2nd shift ftmfl

Are you going to/entering the mount hope brewfest?

worstbrewing said:
Welcome! I grew up in Lancaster county but have since moved to Philly. Glad to see brewing is really starting to take hold out that way. Cheers!

Thanks! Brewing is really being furthered here by some dedicated brew shops, and knowledge found in this forum. Just this Saturday there is a free all-grain class and group brew day I might attend.

o4_srt said:
Welcome! Where in Lancaster? I'm in neffsville. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I'm on these boards like it's my job!

Actually, I am at my job right now, missing the incoming storms and such :-( 2nd shift ftmfl

Are you going to/entering the mount hope brewfest?

I'm near the Lancaster airport, so you are right down the street! I would love to attend the brewfest, but I waited too long to buy tickets and it's sold out. I don't pretend to be ready to enter a competition, still brewing extract and mini-mash, and I've only brewed 3 beers total. Are you entering? What kind of beer?

8rnw8 said:
I'm near the Lancaster airport, so you are right down the street! I would love to attend the brewfest, but I waited too long to buy tickets and it's sold out. I don't pretend to be ready to enter a competition, still brewing extract and mini-mash, and I've only brewed 3 beers total. Are you entering? What kind of beer?

I entered a south English brown that was a hit with friends. I'm not expecting to win, just looking for feedback from "professionals"

Are you sure they are sold out? Google mt hope brewfest and follow the link. You can purchase tickets directly from mt hope. I just got my wife's dd ticket last night

Thanks, I'll have to double check. I'd love to go if they still have tickets. I think it's great that you entered a beer, I can't wait till I feel a little more ready to enter mine. Is it a long involved process entering a beer? I assume they only accept bottles?

Regardless of whether or not I get to attend, you'll have to tell me how it faired with the judges.

Welcome to the HBT! Ive been living in Tucson for the past seven years but Lancaster will always be my home. I lived most of my life in Landisville, went to Penn State, moved up to Wilkes-Barre and then to Tucson. Good luck in your brewing journey!!

Krrazy said:
Welcome to the HBT! Ive been living in Tucson for the past seven years but Lancaster will always be my home. I lived most of my life in Landisville, went to Penn State, moved up to Wilkes-Barre and then to Tucson. Good luck in your brewing journey!!

Small world! My grandparents live in landisville. I spent a year in az with the army, ft huachuca, in Sierra vista.

Entering a beer is a very easy process. Fill out 2 forms, enclose a check, and drop off your bottles at the brewfest

Thanks! Maybe next year I'll have a brew worthy of judging. I checked the site, they do still have tickets, so I'll be there! Looking forward to it!

Back