no floc' using wyeast 2633 on my oktoberfest brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPAfreek

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not seeing any flocculation at all on my oktoberfest brew using wyeast 2633. I pitched at 70 degrees and brought the temp down to about 51 and havent seen any bubbles or drop in og and am going on day 3 for primary. Any advice much appreciated

Not seeing any flocculation at all on my oktoberfest brew using wyeast 2633. I pitched at 70 degrees and brought the temp down to about 51 and havent seen any bubbles or drop in og and am going on day 3 for primary. Any advice much appreciated

How fast did you drop the temp? If you dropped it slowly i would just give the yeast time, just because you dont see it doing anything doesn't mean it isn't. All my beers get a 30 day primary if that helps any.

I took about a day to drop the temp on it. To fast maybe? My first lager so I feel kind of like a brand new home brewer all over again. Thanks!

First off, flocculation is the clumping of yeast together - I think you're referring to fermentation.

Second, you probably shocked the yeast by dropping the temp. Yeast don't like that - next time try to pitch at fermentation temp.

I don't think anything's wrong with it - just might take a little extra time for the yeast to take off. I wouldn't worry about anything just yet.

Back