No boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simcoe26

Reaction score
Watched the article on a hazy no boil extract by basic Brewing and decided to try myself. I used Citra (they used Cascade) and I use the juicy Imperial yeast( they did as well) and end up coming out in a 1017 final gravity(I'm fine with that) but kind of bananay Belgian note. Could it just be the mosaic. . .

Oh yeah I dry hopped with jarryllo

Watched the article on a hazy no boil extract by basic Brewing and decided to try myself. I used Citra (they used Cascade) and I use the juicy Imperial yeast( they did as well) and end up coming out in a 1017 final gravity(I'm fine with that) but kind of bananay Belgian note. Could it just be the mosaic. . .

Oh yeah I dry hopped with jarryllo

I have never got anything banana/Belgian from Mosaic.

Usually I’d suspect the yeast and fermentation temperature.

I saw that Basic Brewing video too!

My last beer was a no boil hazy IPA from all grain. 1.054 to 1.005 with S-04 yeast. I only brought the kettle up to 179F

It came out shockingly well.

With extract there is even less of a concern since the gain is mashed and boiled before being condensed/dried.

I used imperial juicy and fermented at 67 in a temperature regulated fermentation chamber. I only brought it up to 160 like the basic brewing video.

I've used juice twice now and never had banana notes, though definitely it has given off fruit notes complementing the hops.

Are you sure the temp never rose past 67?

I've used juice twice now and never had banana notes, though definitely it has given off fruit notes complementing the hops.

Are you sure the temp never rose past 67?
Positive. I'll post once it's carbed

Back