Nice NPT bulkheads

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gello22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm the last person to find these but if you are like me and are hanging heavy things off your kettle these are awesome. 1/2" true weldless bulkhead from Brew Hardware.
1627524866928.png

I bought one of these to add a return flow port and when I realized what it actually was I bought another for my pump. Because the o-ring sits in a groove ,the same as high pressure hydraulic face seals, when you torque this all the metal parts bottom out and it is as solid as your kettle is. It replaced a cheap fitting with silicon washers on both sides that was soft and flexible and the whole thing moved every time I moved the ball valve. With the Brew Hardware fitting everything is solid when I actuate the ball valves. By the way I do brew I just changed the hoses which is why it looks unused.
1627525341658.png

1627525436051.png

I don't care how long it took to find them but glad you finally did. One quick tip. That motor-up position is one that Topsflo strictly advises against. The motor can be down or horizontal, just not any upward angle.

Totally agree wrt @Bobby_M's bulkhead collection. I used them on my first brew rig (two 10g Blichmann G1s and a 10g Rubbermaid w/fb) and then on my second rig (three 20g G1s in a 3v2p herms setup).

I've never, ever had a single bulkhead leak in all those years :mug:

Cheers! (his ball valves and camlocks are good stuff too :D)

Yeah the camlocks barb fittings and one of the ball valves are also from brew hardware, good stuff.

I had the pump mounted to the kettle then was looking for ideas on keeping the flow up and velocity across the temp sensor high during mash when I found Bobby's video so the configuration is mostly from Bobby as well except for as noted above my questionable orientation of the pump and lack of three way valve.

Back