NHC competition - can't register, server slammed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's up to 905 now - ha, what a joke.
There's going to be a whole bunch of unhappy people. :cross:

full.jpg

http://www.brewingcompetition.com/region10/

It's up to 905 now - ha, what a joke.

The main site is reporting wildly different numbers. The NY page says 913 of 750 but the main page says 602 of 750. Also, the NY page says 7 entries from 341 registered participants, judges and stewards. Lol. So I think the main page is accurate while the individual sites are getting all jacked up.

The main site is reporting wildly different numbers. The NY page says 913 of 750 but the main page says 602 of 750. Also, the NY page says 7 entries from 341 registered participants, judges and stewards. Lol. So I think the main page is accurate while the individual sites are getting all jacked up.

Think it is only the entries logged AND PAID for...

There's going to be a whole bunch of unhappy people. :cross:

I know. I'm afraid I might be one of them. Even though my email receipt of payment came in before OH was closed, the page says I still haven't paid. Something tells me that doesn't bode well...

problems with registering, problems with adding entries, problem with paying, TRIPLE CHARGED and site still says NOT PAID

I entered 4 in Ohio and paid, received and receipt and CC charge, but my entires are not marked as paid...

When I submitted I receive an error that the page was not available, but from the query string in the URL I could see that it was approved.. :(

I'm thinking there's a bug in the system and it's letting people who have already registered add more entries even though it's full. It just won't let new people register.

I entered 4 in Ohio and paid, received and receipt and CC charge, but my entires are not marked as paid...

Same here. I just used the contact form to ask about whether I'm actually listed as having made it in (although I'm sure they're totally swamped with people contacting them, so we'll see if I hear back anytime soon.)

i entered 7 beers, and got entry numbers 19, 565, 702, 750, 790, 823, and 849... looks like only 4 made it under the 750 cutoff.

getting a refund from the AHA is going to be a mess. first they've got to figure out if all my 7 beer got in or not. and either way, they need to give me some money back - i've paid $12 twice, and one $84 payment (for all 7 entries)... so at a minimum they need to cancel the first two $12 payments, then potentially cancel part of the $84 bill.

and i'm still showing unpaid!

I seem to be the only one on this thread who has paid and has my entries marked as paid on the site. I sure hope you folks who got charged but don't have your entries marked as paid actually got in. The AHA is going to have some splanin' to do.

Can't believe I got mine in... #384 and #466. Paid and labels printed. What a cluster &$*!. Next year I might just ship to Tulsa instead of NYC...

I seem to be the only one on this thread who has paid and has my entries marked as paid on the site. I sure hope you folks who got charged but don't have your entries marked as paid actually got in. The AHA is going to have some splanin' to do.

I paid and am marked as paid as well. Just can't print out labels yet, but I'm sure AHA isn't too worried about that right now. What a mess.

2013 National Homebrew Competition - Zanesville, OH Judging Center
941 of 750 entries have been logged for this region.

and it keeps on increasing

So here's the real question: How many total hours of productivity were lost across the country today with all of us trying to get into the competition site?? Good thing this only happens once a year. :mug:

Same and I'm so much closer to Milwaukee which is working now, but I don't know if I'm in or not in Ohio.

And unfortunately if you've registered for Ohio I don't think you can change it.

I think I'll be ok, but I'm worried about that 404 error when paying, and that the site still doesn't reflect my payment.

What's the difference between registered & unpaid, and having paid.

I would assume that if I registered an entry that reserves my spot and I should pay before it's time to send the entry. Is this an incorrect assumption?

What's the difference between registered & unpaid, and having paid.

I would assume that if I registered an entry that reserves my spot and I should pay before it's time to send the entry. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Website says if unpaid after 24 hours entry will be cancelled out.

I believe you have 24 hours from the time you entered the beer.

oops! too slow again. :eek:

Anyone else get an error about the payment system being unavailable?

I got:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Checked, my credit card was indeed charged, entries showing unpaid. Lovely. I got a receipt from Brewer's Association, so at least there's that.

i entered 7 beers, and got entry numbers 19, 565, 702, 750, 790, 823, and 849... looks like only 4 made it under the 750 cutoff.

getting a refund from the AHA is going to be a mess. first they've got to figure out if all my 7 beer got in or not. and either way, they need to give me some money back - i've paid $12 twice, and one $84 payment (for all 7 entries)... so at a minimum they need to cancel the first two $12 payments, then potentially cancel part of the $84 bill.

and i'm still showing unpaid!

WOW! What a mess.
I'm glad I didn't even bother trying.

Crazy. I managed to enter three and pay for them, but that wasn't until about an hour ago. The first hour and a half was an exercise is patience. I was able to register fine but when I was adding entries it would either log me out or time out. For some reason the registration and entry pages seemed to be more responsive on my iPhone than on my laptop, so people may want to give that a try.

Uh, anyone seen numbers now? WTF?

Yeah. Crazy, huh? They obviously know there are problems, so what I'm hoping is that they're going back through and manually checking registrations and re-adding them to the system. Sounds...plausible, maybe?

Latest posts

Back