Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreakyBones

Reaction score
Hi, Pretty new to this. Have just brewed a Cooper's English Bitter and a BlackRock Minor Stout. Will be brewing a Blackrock Bock soon. Any hints/tips on how to enhance the flavour? Add anything to it?

Thanks.

The first thing to do is to focus on brewing your kits with the best process, sanitation, fermentation temperature control, and post-pitch oxygen avoidance as possible. That's going to get you as much flavor as the recipe's ingredients can produce, and you'll experience the way the product is supposed to taste.

If you succeed with that, and think it still lacks something, then I'd worry about adding things the next time you brew it.

+1 to what McKnuckle said. Getting the process right is the best thing you can do as a beginner. Somebody else spared you the trouble of figuring out the ingredients.

That said, wanting to "enhance the flavor" is pretty vague. How were these beers lacking? Were you using an old kit?

I don't know much about those Coopers kits, but aren't they just prehopped malt extract? If so, I'd say your best bet would be to brew something else that comes with steeping grains and hops. If you want to still use the Coopers, I'd start by adding some hops.

Latest posts

Back