Newbie in Upstate NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoopburbs

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a second and say hello! Been lurking in the forums for a while now and decided to finally post. Just brewed my first extract brew last month and have two more fermenting as we speak. I have officially caught the brewing bug! This site is incredibly informative and thank you to all who contribute!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Welcome! I'm an upstate noob myself... Where upstate are you? I'm in the Capital Region.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

The current Yahoo.com top 5 ranked most depressing city to live in... Binghamton!

I was never sure about the term Upstate, NY until I moved 15 miles from the Canadian border - now I know what Upstate really is when Albany is 150 miles due south.

We have to say upstate so we don't get lumped in with the city people.. Anytime you say "I am from New York" people always assume we are from the big city!

We have to say upstate so we don't get lumped in with the city people.. Anytime you say "I am from New York" people always assume we are from the big city!

Well, if the Tea Party's secession movement goes through...New Amsterdam!

I'm in the Syracuse area. Can't be any less depressing than Binghamton.

The current Yahoo.com top 5 ranked most depressing city to live in... Binghamton!

I used to live there until about two years ago. Every time I go back to visit when I crest over the hills on 81 you can see a cloud of gloom hanging over the city. I still can't beat Southside Yanni's or Kelly's in Endicott for great bar food.

I'm about 10 minutes from Yannis.. It just changed ownership... We do have a bunch of breweries popping up so that is an added bonus..

I look forward to ordering some Greek wings when I'm in town. I hope they kept the same menu.

Well, I went to college in Cortland, so I know that feeling. I grew up 30 minutes outside NYC, and there is a serious lack of sunshine in upstate NY. On the plus side, there are a crap ton of great craft beer bars in the area!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I am bit more upstate :)

I grew up 30 minutes outside NYC, and there is a serious lack of sunshine in upstate NY.

Grew up in the South Bronx and there is a bit more sunshine here upstate then on 138th street

welcome

S_M

Latest posts

Back