Newbie here starting out all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flip2spin23

Reaction score
Hi, Guys I am from Gatlinburg TN, I have been lurking here for a few weeks. There is a ton of great info on this forum. I am currently purchasing equipment to start brewing some of my first beers . I am going to just start out doing all grain brewing and learn from there.

That's great! Just let us know how we can help, and answer any questions you have. We can usually talk brewers through a brewday, no matter what the question. Well, usually. :D

I would recommend a few batches of extract first. Learn to sanitize, ferment, transfer without hot side aeration, all the basics. You can certainly use all grain equipment to do extract. I do believe that AG does produce fuller, better beer, but it is easy to start simple and build. If your first AG batch is not optimal, it is harder to figure out what happened than starting with a kit and a simpler process. Lots of great advice in this forum, just ask questions when you have them. I learned that the hard way.

Prost;)

Filtering and kegging? Brewing doesn't need these things to happen. Worry most about water volumes, mash temps, yeast pitching rates, and fermentation temp control. The rest is all gravy

Back