Newbie from Northern VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coy-Boy

Reaction score
Been brewing all grain for 6 months and been lurking aroung here. Great info, I have learned a ton. I figured it was about time to start posting!

Welcome to HBT! I am still on exctract brewing myself. One day, I'll go all grain.

Hey, welcome from down in C-ville. I grew up about 20 minutes west of Manasshole. Where are you in N.VA?

I am in Ashburn, 5 miles from Dulles Airport. I grew up in Fairfax and lived in Mannassas briefly. I have family in Charlottesville, friends with the brewers at Star Hill Brewery.

I am in Ashburn, 5 miles from Dulles Airport. I grew up in Fairfax and lived in Mannassas briefly. I have family in Charlottesville, friends with the brewers at Star Hill Brewery.

Do you keg, by chance? If so, where do you fill your CO2 bottles? I was thinking of taking my tank over to Check It Paintball, buf figured I'd see what other locals have done in the area...

Hello from down here in Richmond. I'm from the opposite end of the state originally, about 20 miles north of NC.

As an aside - I had the Starr Hill Dark Starr stout the other day, and damn if it didn't taste like a stout I brewed up two years ago. Either I did something right or they snuck in my house and took the recipe :rockin:

Do you keg, by chance? If so, where do you fill your CO2 bottles? I was thinking of taking my tank over to Check It Paintball, buf figured I'd see what other locals have done in the area...
I do keg. You can get it filled at roberts oxygen in Sterling. They will want to swap out bottles with a already refilled bottle, but they are in as good if not better condition than you already have.

Back