New Water Calculator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEndorf

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The Brew Science forum is not known for its levity, but I thought I'd post my new water calculator program. It beats everything out there, hands down. Bru'n Water?? Psshaw.. doesn't hold a candle to this new system I developed. It's quite complicated. Please let me know if you need any help…….
untitled.png

Have you measured the ballistic coefficients for the darts. You have to do that, you know. Also what model are you using for air density?

Ahhhh... I have anticipated AJ's questions.
Assuming I'm standing the standard 7' 9.25" from the board... holding a full pint of beer at arms length... centering the top of the pint even with the bulls-eye....the ballistic coefficient is exactly accounted for as the sight-height-over bore. This calculation is accurate regardless if you are using the Bottelsen Hammer Head Gorilla Grips or the Black Widow knurled barrel steel. As long as you have the professional 25 gram darts.

We all know air density equals air pressure / (the specific gas constant * temperature)
However I've thrown out the ridiculous equations and developed a more exacting model.

If I've had fish tacos with 5 light beers, raise the arms-length beer pint one finger to account for the change in air density. If I've had hard boiled eggs and 5 dark beers, raise the arms-length beer pint two fingers to account for the change in air density.

I've consumed a lotta beer to perfect this.

I would also recommend closing all doors to prevent ingress of family members (and pets) as well as opening of all windows.

Oh yes.. The grandkids are fully versed in the safety precautions.
"Don't go near grandpas garage brewery today. Grandpa's playing "water chemistry"..."

All clowning around aside............ Now is probably a good time to thank you, Martin, and many others who regularly contribute to the Brew Science sub-forum. I've learned quite a lot.

Back