New unitanks introduced by Brewbuilt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw these as well. I believe brewbuilt is associated with morebeer and these seem very similar to the morebeer conicals. Looks like an updated version to me. I’ve had the morebeer heated & cooled 14 gallon conical for years and it’s been great. Tempted to get one of these brewbuilt ones to go next to it.

They look nice, except for the available cooling options.

Peltier technology: way too weak for anything but controlling fermentation temp.

CoolStix: looks like it has an even smaller area than the usual cooling coils offered by competitors. Cooling below 40°F might be an issue (icing).

I’m really curious how well the Peltier cooling will work in something like a warm garage. I’d way rather use that over having to buy a chiller or mess with a coil.

I do find this idea of pulling from the top of the Fermenter using something similar to a clear beer system for corny kegs interesting. I wonder if there are any downsides like pulling some of the leftover krausen or anything. I never considered using the same type of system in my conical but it makes sense.

I do find this idea of pulling from the top of the Fermenter using something similar to a clear beer system for corny kegs interesting. I wonder if there are any downsides like pulling some of the leftover krausen or anything. I never considered using the same type of system in my conical but it makes sense.
The only downside, besides possible sanitation and cleaning issues, is that it is completely pointless to have such a system in a conical fermentation vessel. In a conical you can and should always dump all the trub and yeast that settles in the cone, otherwise what's the point of an expensive conical? If you do that then you'll always be able to pull clear beer from the racking port without needing any more gimmicks other than possibly a racking arm.

I have been pressure fermenting in corny kegs and love it. I have an all ss counterflow chiller but am looking to control ferm temps more closely and easier. I do use my freezer to cold crash but it’s also where I store hops. I am not interested in the immersion style coil cooling setups or the jacketed conicals. Free hopping and reuse of yeast also seem easy and convenient so am considering this conical.

The only downside, besides possible sanitation and cleaning issues, is that it is completely pointless to have such a system in a conical fermentation vessel. In a conical you can and should always dump all the trub and yeast that settles in the cone, otherwise what's the point of an expensive conical? If you do that then you'll always be able to pull clear beer from the racking port without needing any more gimmicks other than possibly a racking arm.

Fewer ports = less stuff to clean.

Back