New to the site and got a question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stalewater

Reaction score
So have been lurking on HBT for 5 years and for whatever reason never joined, well now i need some help!! There is a brew pub here in memphis that is hosting a national homebrew day this weekend. They are giving away free wort but you have to cook it on site, suppling the yeast as well awesome right. So my question is WHAT TO MAKE. The grain bill is 95% two row american i think and a little crystal i think 20. I got some gallena, cascade, fuggle, east kent goldings, columbus and i think a little cenntential. The yeast is 1056. Any ideas!! thank you guys and i hope to be making a lot of posts here soon

Toast 2 lbs of quick oats in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 stirring every 15 minutes and use some black and chocolate malt with some crystal for the caramel taste and you have a fast oat meal stout. Heat wort to 150 and steep grains for 60 minutes then boil using columbus and east kent for a traditional oatmeal stout. My $0.02

EDIT: The oats will give you some dextrins to give a good mouth feel and some head and texture, black for color the chocolate will provide the roasted barley taste. If your brave have fresh cayenne peppers grind them up and put them in the grains for a little kick.

I like the Haus pale ale, and the oatmeal stout i assume bitter with the coloumbus and finish with the fuggle, my house oatmeal stout only has one hop addition. I have just been told we are getting 10 gallons of free wort, not enough people signed up, i might make both!!! Thanks for the input

Latest posts

Back