New to Homebrewtalk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lakehouselost brewer said:
New here, and just wanted to say hello from Illinois.

Welcome! You should join S.N.I.Z.Z.L.E. - Southern and Northern Illinois Zymurgy Zealots and Liquid (or Libations) Enthusiasts.

Central Eastern Il... I'm from the Chicago area originally, but all of my dad's family are central eastern Il... spent all of my summers there growing up - great memories - I havent heard of Gibson City though... The family are in LaHarpe, Stronghurst, Bigsville, Macomb, Monmoth... basically about an hours drive to the Iowa border (Burlington Iowa is the "Big City" out their way.) Is that anywhere close?

Cheesefood, I just noticed your hailing from Schaumburg... Sister lives in Palatine - I'll be headed out that way (February, then again prolly in late March) on leave before settling back in Virginia for the next duty station.

lakehouselost brewer said:
New here, and just wanted to say hello from Illinois.

Welcome!

Decatur here, and you'll find a lot of awesome info on these boards. Some damn good people too. And only a few of us are psychopaths, but we're mostly harmless...

Mostly. ;)

Welcome aboard!

Ize

Cheesefood... will do! I know where I can get good brew in Virginia, but its been 12 or 13 years since I have regularly haunted the pubs in the North Burbs - and back then, it was Old Style on draft, so even the bars I do know are no longer an option for me.

Back