New to Home Brew Talk.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, we're new to home brewing and are working on a japanese dry lager from the Beer Essentials range which are very basic homebrew kits. the kit box did not include the japanese blonde malt extract which was asked for in the recipe, does anyone know the result of us not including it, or can offer any replacements which we might be able to get by with?

hi, we're new to home brewing and are working on a japanese dry lager from the Beer Essentials range which are very basic homebrew kits. the kit box did not include the japanese blonde malt extract which was asked for in the recipe, does anyone know the result of us not including it, or can offer any replacements which we might be able to get by with?

I am not familiar with those kits but you should be able to substitute some regular pale malt extract for it, liquid or dry.

Great brewery you have there. Welcome to the forum Rob!

What kind of beers do you like to brew?

Thanks bud been a long time putting it together.. I guess the one i find use making all the time is ambers.. But im working on a sour been ageing for 7 months.. And a breakfast stout.. Just whatever comes up as a kool brew.. Been away fro. Brewing for the past 3 months due to our burner broke. But iv finally got it up and running for the most part.. Alot of the parts are new additions..

Yeah it always sucks to have down time due to equipment, but I've been there too. Sometimes I have to concentrate my extra money on equipment instead of ingredients. My next project is a 12x24 enclosed metal building. :)

Haha thats sick! What area you live in.. It gets to hot in this part of California yo not have something insulated

Central Arkansas, it gets up to actual temperatures here of about 115 sometimes in the summer, humidity stays around 90%, so ya it gets hot. The building will be insulated, and have a good size window AC unit!

Iv never used this product or even bought anything form this store but i found a link that has it for sale.. Im sure you can try other online stores too. http://www.esbrewing.com.au/japanese-blonde-malt-500g.html

Back