New to Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losman26

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been brewing since August and found this site to be a good resource for learning and improving. Lately I have been doing mostly clone-extract recipe kits that I buy online. I look forward to learning from you all, as well as exchanging ideas (when I improve some).

-losman26

Welcome aboard! Ideas can be exchanged from all levels, you would be surprised what new ideas can come about simply by sharing ;)

welcome to HBT! Sharing ideas and knowledge is what these forums are all about. We keep it friendly and tease a little now and then, so enjoy. Cheers:)

Thanks guys, I'm still somewhat of a newbie, but my brews are getting pretty damn good. Eventually I'd like to move on to all-grain.

Oh yea. I have a few extract kits I still do on a regular basis for my personal stash because they are good and it's quick and easy. Everything I do getting ready to launch the brewery is AG.

How much of an improvement do you notice going to all grain? What about a mini-mash? I've been at this since August, and can see myself making the next step soon.

The increased quality and clarity with AG is obvious. By clarity I mean the taste profile, things just seem more....clean.

don't get me wrong you can make some great beer on extract.

Back