New To Conical FastFerment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nashtone

Reaction score
Hi.
I’m new to the forum. I bought a 3 gallon FastFerment and the wine kit makes 6 gallons. This may sound stupid, but do I simply half all the ingredients? Do I put the flavor packet in at the beginning?

Yes split it in half. If you are using a dry pack of yeast, get another and just pitch a full pack in each batch you are making. If your wine kit (they are all different) says to add flavor at beginning do that if it doesn't say. Personally I would wait towards the end.

Cheers
Jay

I know late to this one. But yes, the sulphites stabilise the brew. These stop the yeast becoming active again (often in conjunction with potassium sorbate or similar) and potentially making a brew bomb by secondary fermentation. In addition, they supress other nasties which may cause the brew to go off.

I've made several 5 gallons of wine split into 2 2.5gal fastferment units. Everything splits 50/50.

Just beware of you have the 10l /2.5gal fastferment that the locking ring for the ball joint easily becomes loose when removing the glass sediment catcher. This will ruin your day... you will most likely loose 2.5gals all over the floor! Very poor design!

Back