New to co2, regulator question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive had 3 regulators and none of them has any white colored thing like that in it. Just try hooking it up and turning the valve on a bit. I you dont hear any hissing youre good

Just so you know, when you have the integrated seal like that, you don't want to crank down too hard on the regulator nut, as you can crush and destroy that seal. You just need it to seal, so don't go crazy on the wrench.

Best way to check for leaks is to spray the fittings with a little soapy water. I work for a gas company and we do it all the time. Most of the time you can't hear leaks, but you will be able to see them bubbling. May save you some money and hassle having to refill your CO2 tank.

It's holding tight, I connected my regulator & hoses and brought it up to 40 psi, shut the tank off and let it sit all weekend, no pressure lost.

Back