New Style of Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevDroz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with everyone. This beer I call 'Color of Your Energy'. From there, one could figure out the style. I have never brewed this style and wanted to expand my experiences. This has been in the fermenter for 2 weeks now and I am thinking another week to finish cleaning up while I wait for my filter to arrive (and build).

I am quite pleased with my gravity reads which would place it at a modest 4.6% and, since I don't return my reads, it tastes amazing!!!!

Attachments

• 20201010_172900.jpg
    20201010_172900.jpg
    782 KB · Views: 74
since I don't return my reads, it tastes amazing!!!!

Congrats on the brew!

Gravity samples are always for recording data and tasting. Never to be returned to the fermentor!

edit: Is that a 311 reference?

Congrats on the brew!

Gravity samples are always for recording data and tasting. Never to be returned to the fermentor!

edit: Is that a 311 reference?
I have yet to return a sample, I learn by tasting the process.

Yes, it is a 311 reference, I shall drink a pint in your honor for guessing correctly!!!

I have yet to return a sample, I learn by tasting the process.

Yes, it is a 311 reference, I shall drink a pint in your honor for guessing correctly!!!

Nice, I'll join you! I grew up 8-10 doors down from Chad Sexton (311s drummer) and took lessons for many years from his teacher. Unfortunately, I wasn't nearly successful as he (they) were lol.

Seriously though, gravity samples are not supposed to be returned to the fermentor. Ever. Nobody does that. It's just asking for infection and all sorts of other issues. Drink it or dump it but once it's taken out it stays out! Hope the Amber turns out well for you, keep us posted on how it goes. Cheers!

I absolutely will keep you posted!! This is actually my first extract that had grains so I am rather excited. I do like the ease of extracts but would like to learn all grain brewing as well.

It is kewl that you lived near Chad and took lessons the same place he did.

Just shy of 3 weeks in the fermenter, 36 hours at 30 psi, 24 hours at 8 psi. It has a thick frothy head and has more of a stout taste. It is rather tasty despite the hurried process. Next time I will let it sit in the fermenter 4 weeks and give it more time to properly carbonate.

Attachments

• Amber1stAttempt.JPEG
    Amber1stAttempt.JPEG
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
Back