New South Central Pa grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be sending out a PM with the list of grains later this week to everyone that requests it here.

I was thinking of ordering a 50 lb bag of Sterox cleaner. We could divide it up in 5 lb increments @ $12.50 for 5 lb. Here's info on the cleaner.

Details

Advantages

• 4 in 1 action cleaning ability, antibacterial, bleaching and deodorizing.

• Non chlorine with active oxygen, good solubility and no foaming, no fragrance and no odor.

• Remove fermentation residues.

• Energy efficient, does not require hot water.

I can't find much info on how this compares to PBW or Oxiclean. I assume it works the same, but would also like to know if it will de-label bottles.

At $12.50 for 5 lbs, I would give it a try, so you can count me in for 1 (5 lbs).

I will PM my grain order soon as well.

Here's the info from the manufacture.

STEROX

Chlorine Free Cleaning Powder for the Wine Industry

Description:

Sterox is a non foaming, non-chlorine alkaline cleaning powder formulated for use in the wine industry.

Introduction:

For years, wine producers have been using various cleaning and disinfecting products in several cleaning applications in the wineries.

The wine industry places great importance and sensitivity of anything that might affect the taste or aroma of the wine. Some wineries fear the reaction of chlorine or other chemicals with the corks and other wine equipment
that may leave undesirable taste. There is also growing concern about chlorine content in the effluent of many
wine regions around the world.

Cleaning products based on Soda Caustic or acids are hazardous and require special storage conditions and training for workers.

For these reasons, Sterokem’s Sterox has become increasingly popular. It is a multipurpose cleaning powder which is relatively safe and not classified as a hazardous chemical, unlike other more aggressive cleaning chemicals. The product has been developed and formulated taking into consideration both operator and plant safety. It cleans, bleaches and deodorizes, whereas it takes several different alternative products to accomplish
all these functions. Microbiological data available upon request.

Sterox therefore is a safe, convenient and time and cost efficient alternative to other cleaning products.

Characteristics:

White, free flowing powder, non fragranced with no distinct odor
Multi-Action product: Cleaning , whitening & deodorizing in one action
Good solubility and non foaming
Removes fermentation residues
Long Shelf Life

Advantages:
Decreases cleaning and machine down time due to Sterox being a Multi Action product.
Energy/water efficient-no requirement for heating water and shorter cleaning cycle
Relatively safe for workers and environment compared to other cleaning chemical alternatives.

Applications:

Use STEROX at concentration between 0.5-2% depending on application for cleaning & disinfecting
(non foaming) of :
closed systems (CIP), tanks, chillers, piping, and stainless steel utensils.
Grape separator and decanter.
Wooden wine casks/barrels and stainless steel vats.
Cleaning of floors and walls in production area.

Further details are available in the Sterox Technical Data Sheet and MSDS.

Now that July is here time to start getting those orders in. PM me with your orders.

I'm going to get a bag of midnight wheat. I'm gonna keep 25 lbs, that leaves 25 available for any one else that wants in on it.

Only room for two more sacks of grain. If you've not already send your checks in. Want to place this order the 1st week of Sept.

Order is now closed. Waiting on three checks yet and then I will place this order. Should place it at the end of next week with delivery the week after.

Just found out from the supplier that they are out of the gambrinus ESB malt for at least 3 to 4 more weeks. Does everyone that ordered the ESB malt want the Gam Pale Ale instead? If not we will have to wait another month till we order.

Latest posts

Back