New Queens of the Stone Age

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
June 12th is the release of "Era Vulgaris".

I've downloaded the leak already (I pre-ordered the disc before I even knew about the link--of cours I WILL still purchase the CD) and I can't stop listening to it.

Found an interesting link for a QOTSA version of a Tom Waits cover that some of you may enjoy. I'm not big on covers most of the time, but they did a great job with that one, IMHO.

Anyone else impatiently waiting for the new disc? :rockin:

Dude said:
June 12th is the release of "Era Vulgaris".

I've downloaded the leak already (I pre-ordered the disc before I even knew about the link--of cours I WILL still purchase the CD) and I can't stop listening to it.

Found an interesting link for a QOTSA version of a Tom Waits cover that some of you may enjoy. I'm not big on covers most of the time, but they did a great job with that one, IMHO.

Anyone else impatiently waiting for the new disc? :rockin:

Holy shot, they covered Waits! Actually, wait, EVERYONE covers Tom Waits...

Have you heard the original? I'll rip you the MP3 tonight; I'm biased, but I like it a lot more; very organically hardcore.

the_bird said:
Holy shot, they covered Waits! Actually, wait, EVERYONE covers Tom Waits...

Have you heard the original? I'll rip you the MP3 tonight; I'm biased, but I like it a lot more; very organically hardcore.

Yes, I have the original....I definitely like it better, but I thought the Queens did a pretty good job with it--at least they didn't embarrass it.

Cheese, yes, I love Kyuss. I'm pretty much under the opinion that anything Josh Homme touches, it is pretty much golden. The QOTSA library is really unique. I give SwAMi credit for getting me into QOTSA big time. I had heard all the radio faves, and was never really blown away--the best stuff they do isn't big radio friendly. I wish more people would give these guys a chance.

Back