New part being added..AND CHEAP! KEG dry hopping mesh tube thing-a-ma-jig....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SOLD OUT FOR NOW CLICK LINK TO PRE ORDER INSTRUCTIONS

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7703137#post7703137

Ok so I wasn't going to add these but I have had so many people in the store ask me to get them I opted to buy some and see how they go.

I poked around online and have found them for like $45 - $48 + Shipping.. I was like WHAT! Uhh yeah, I DON"T THINK SO!

So.. These are 12" long, They fit in a ball AND pinlock kegs. You have seen them I am sure. I am going to let 15 of them go for $35 shipped anywhere in the US.

The first 15 to reply to this thread "I'M IN" Gets them!

I don't even have them on the website yet so lets do this!

Cheers
Jay

Keg Hopper1.jpg

Keg Hopper2.jpg

Keg Hopper3.jpg

OK well it looks like were done here for now.

Let me PM everyone the details. If there is any left I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for all the replies....

Cheers
Jay

Ok well I am absolutely sold out of these at the moment. I have sent PM to all that replied. SO IF you didn't get a PM from me PLEASE let me know so I can send you details.

I'll get more on order. IF you want to PRE ORDER for the next round just send me a PM with the title "PER ORDER KEG HOPPER" and I will send you details.

Feel free to also reply to this thread so I don't miss ya.

CLICK THE LINK TO THE PRE SALE

I just started this thread on the PRE SALE and how to get in on it.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7703137#post7703137

Cheers
Jay

A couple of questions.
1. Does it need to be suspended in the keg?
2. Is the mesh screen fine enough to use pellet hops?
3. How does the top attach, screw on or push on?
Thanks

A couple of questions.
Thanks

NEED? No you can drop it in there if you like. But it is going to be kind of a pain to get out if you want it out before the keg is dead.

YES

Screw on lid.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks, mine is on it's way. Too bad I live about as far away as you can in the lower 48! Well time to work up a recipe to use it with.

Another question. Any idea of how much pellet hops will it handle without swelling solid?

Jay, I know you are all about custom parts, can you make one of these 26" tall? Plan is to insert auto siphon hose into this that is in corny to filter out material on the transfer. Sorry for the off topic question

Thanks, mine is on it's way. Too bad I live about as far away as you can in the lower 48! Well time to work up a recipe to use it with.

Another question. Any idea of how much pellet hops will it handle without swelling solid?

I don't yet (getting ready to test its MAX in a couple days) but I would guess 1/2# or more.

Cheers
Jay

I have a very similar product for another vendor, I find I have to shake my keg upside down every so often so all the pellets get wet, I have used max 4 oz.

I have a very similar product for another vendor, I find I have to shake my keg upside down every so often so all the pellets get wet, I have used max 4 oz.

How does it look at 4 oz @milldoggy ? Packed? Or is there still room for more?

Thanks for chiming in here.

Cheers
Jay

I think my tubes are 18" tall, but 4oz pack to about 4". Without shaking, the center was dry after 7 days. These work great, some fine material makes it out, but no more than a half pint won't clear.

Back