New part being added..AND CHEAP! KEG dry hopping mesh tube thing-a-ma-jig....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay, I know you are all about custom parts, can you make one of these 26" tall? Plan is to insert auto siphon hose into this that is in corny to filter out material on the transfer. Sorry for the off topic question

Not off topic at all. I am not making these to be honest man! So I cant do any custom anything really to them.

Again... link to the pre sale information

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7703137#post7703137

Cheers
Jay

Cheers
Jay

1. Does it need to be suspended in the keg?

NEED? No you can drop it in there if you like. But it is going to be kind of a pain to get out if you want it out before the keg is dead.

2. Is the mesh screen fine enough to use pellet hops?
YES

3. How does the top attach, screw on or push on?
Screw on lid.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks! Looking forward to using it!

Mine arrived today. Looks great. Had to tear open the box to get it out!! Being most of the way across the country, I didn't expect it until late next week. I have a Black Porter ready to keg. It really shouldn't need any more hops but I may try an ounce or so.... Just to use it. It got an ounce of Sonnet Golding at 5 minutes so maybe an ounce or two in the keg for a hoppy Porter?!?!?! Couldn't hurt, could it?

I think I will try to suspend in case the hopping seems too much. Then I can get it out of there if need be.

Mine arrived today. Looks great. Had to tear open the box to get it out!! Being most of the way across the country, I didn't expect it until late next week. I have a Black Porter ready to keg. It really shouldn't need any more hops but I may try an ounce or so.... Just to use it. It got an ounce of Sonnet Golding at 5 minutes so maybe an ounce or two in the keg for a hoppy Porter?!?!?! Couldn't hurt, could it?

I think I will try to suspend in case the hopping seems too much. Then I can get it out of there if need be.

DAMN! That was FAST for First Class mailing for sure!

Yeah I thought the box was going to have to be destroyed to get that bugger out. We packed the heck out of them, that's for sure! We want happy brewers!

Cheers
Jay

Mine arrived today (Chicago suburbs)! Packaged well.

Looks to be of pretty good quality. The screen is very dense, so I don't see much getting through it at all. Overall, I'm very pleased!

Measurements are 2 13/16" wide and 11 5/8" tall in case anyone is interested.

The hanger on it is a thin cotter pin. I'll probably drill it a tiny bit wider and put a lager diameter pin in there... just in case. Lol!

Thanks for the quick shipping and a decent price on this piece! :mug:

I usually do the same with paint strainer bags for my hops. The loop on top of this thing is really flimsy though, so I'm gonna replace it so there's a better anchor spot for the floss...

Yeah its like a stainless cotter pin kind of thing. But we did lay some serious beef to this thing. If its bent out all the way I guarantee you will not be able to put enough hops in this thing to bend the pin. It seems kind of wimpy. But bend it straight 90 and your good.

Cheers
Jay

Mine arrived on Saturday, which was faster than I expected (southwestern Wisconsin).

Extremely well-packaged--the inside of the mesh tube was filled with packing peanuts to support the mesh during shipiment. I also had to take apart the packaging to get it out--but as I inspected the packaging and tube, I realized that was a very smart thing to do.

The mesh is finer than I had expected, and I am looking forward to using it. Very nice product!

Just received mine in Atlanta. Looks pretty nice, and well-packaged as already described. I'll be trying it out with some whole Citra in a day or two.

I have one from one of the other "fab" makers out there and just from the pictures this thing looks way better. I love the bottom.. Mine does not instill confidence. this one is cheaper too! :-(

Good job Jay...

Latest posts

Back