New Michelob brews?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imlvngded

Reaction score
So I live near a Wegmans that has a very good selection on beer. For the NFL Conference Championship games my Dad picked up a 12 pack sampler from Michelob. There was a Bavarian Wheat, a porter, a pale ale, and a Rye PA. Everyone of them was very good and not what I expected from BMC. Anyone else try these and what are your thoughts?

I can tell you that the sampler must be a hell of a lot better than their Winter Ale Bourbon Cask thing if they were drinkable.

Was anyone else fortunate enough to get to try the tomahop by michelob? Is the rye-pa anything like it?

The pale ale is decent. Not as hoppy as I like, but then again anything short of Rouge Ruination IPA isn't as hoppy as I like. :)

Overall, I've bought several sixers of different styles and been happy. None of them are the best beers I've ever tasted, but they are cheap and beat anything else Anheuser Busch puts out.

I picked up the sampler pack a couple days ago and was pleasantly surprised. The Porter was was the best one of the bunch in my opinion, but all the beers were pretty solid. I've definitely had better examples of each style, but for the price it's definitely worth trying. I also thought all the tasting notes and online links it came with were pretty cool. Could be an assessable way to teach your BMC friends that there's better beers out there. :)

The Michelob 'micro' brews have been in Maryland for a couple of years now. Most are OK, not great. When I was in Busch Gardens in Virginia a couple of years ago, I had a what they called a black and black. It was Porter on the bottom and their Amber Bock on the top. Actually quite tasty.

So I live near a Wegmans that has a very good selection on beer. For the NFL Conference Championship games my Dad picked up a 12 pack sampler from Michelob. There was a Bavarian Wheat, a porter, a pale ale, and a Rye PA. Everyone of them was very good and not what I expected from BMC. Anyone else try these and what are your thoughts?

I tried the full case sampler with these same four beers, purchased at Sam's Club for right around $20. Probably worth that much, and the Michelob bottles are pry-off, and I think kind of styish. The beer....meh. They're all true to their style, but if I had to characterize Michelob's effort, it would be "craft beer lite." I won't be buying any more.

I thought the RyePA was friggin fantastic... hard to find around here tho...

SWMBO loves the Winters Cask Burbon Ale, and I used to be a really big AmberBock drinker. If I see the sampler pack here in NE Ohio I'll pick it up, I mean it's beer right? At the very least it'll add to the # of bottles I have to fill.

Back