Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowrayz

Reaction score
Howdy Everyone! I am the newest member to HomeBrewTalk.com.

A little About me:
- New to home brewing. I have the majority of my basic equipment and currently broke from it. Next payday will bring the rest of the equipment and my first extract kit to play with. Bought John Palmer's - How to Brew and have watched countless YouTube videos. I also have a few Home Brewers I work with who have been doing it for a long time (they got me into it).
- I am a 10 year United States Army Veteran. Served from 1984 - 1994 and got out as a Sergeant, E-5. 4 years Active Duty, 4 years Reserves, and Re-Upped for 4 more years in the National Guard but was only able to serve 2 before I got out.
- Father of 5 and Grandfather of 2 and my first Granddaughter is due in March.

Not bad for 49 years old :drunk:

- I played in a few \m/ Metal \m/ bands and hopefully get my studio completed as soon as my 26 year old Son moves out in March.

Looking forward to the time here...

Welcome. With friends who brew and friends on here you can get all the info you need. Looks like you have already made the right first step by getting Palmer's book.

You have been a busy man, 49 and grandkids. I am 50 and my daughter is only 8, hope I have a long time to go before grandkids arrive.

Welcome. With friends who brew and friends on here you can get all the info you need. Looks like you have already made the right first step by getting Palmer's book.

You have been a busy man, 49 and grandkids. I am 50 and my daughter is only 8, hope I have a long time to go before grandkids arrive.

Thanks! :cool:
One main reason I wanted to get into home brewing was that I was stationed just north of Stuttgart, Germany from 1985 - 1987. While there, I was introduced to the most awesome Bavarian Beers my tongue has ever know. Even now, you are not able to get the authentic beers shipped to you. Here in the states, they have versions but they are NOT the same. I can still tell the difference 25 to 30 years later.

When it comes to brewing, I will be crawling before I walk. Eventually, I want to be able to brew the authentic Hofbrau Pilsner and its Weisen and Hefeweisens. I miss those tastes so bad. If I had the money, I would fly back just to have those tastes again. :mug:

Back