New Labels for New Beers - Jaded Spirits Brewing Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
1) Notorious V.I.P (Vanilla Imperial Porter)

notoriousvip.jpg

2) Hayes & Infused (Hazed & Infused Clone)

hayesandinfused.gif

3) Aged to Perfection (Oak Aged Seasonal Dark)

agedtoperfection.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. I felt the same way about the Dim Wit too, thanks for the reassurance :)

The Johnny Cash Label is Very cool.

The dude won a Grammy when he was like 70 Yrs. old.

Talk about aged to perfection...

Inkscape and Gimp are the two best free programs. Gimp is more for editing Pictures where Inkscape is more for creating original pieces.

I'm a big fan of Virtual Painter 5. It can create a lot of the effects seen in the art from this thread (oil painting, pencil drawing, gauche painting, pointalism painting, water color painting, etc) in just a few steps. Then you can assemble the pieces as layers in whatever program you have on hand.

I like using filters on pictures, because (IMHO) real photographs on top of vector graphics (Or hand drawn,) looks sloppy.

The blonde is the better of the Dim Wit labels. Really great labels...I should try to con you into making me a few.

thanks guys. as for software, i made this by cropping the pictures in MSPaint and used MS Powerpoint to create the label. You work with what you got when you're sitting on the job with nothing to do.

Another vote for the blonde dimwit. Impressive labels, especially considering the tools.

All great labels ! Go wit the Blonde Dim Wit imo. A quick question for anyone too, what are the most common type of bottle labels and maybe a source to get them from? Thanks in advance and once again, Nice labels.

I have to say although I'm a huge Stooges fan I prefer the blonde dimwit as well. I'm really not that knowledgeable on designing stuff and was looking for software that had premade templates possibly. So are you saying you created the oval shape and banners all from scratch?

All great labels ! Go wit the Blonde Dim Wit imo. A quick question for anyone too, what are the most common type of bottle labels and maybe a source to get them from? Thanks in advance and once again, Nice labels.

I just print mine on normal paper on a laser printer, cut them out and adhere them with milk. Simply as that.

I have to say although I'm a huge Stooges fan I prefer the blonde dimwit as well. I'm really not that knowledgeable on designing stuff and was looking for software that had premade templates possibly. So are you saying you created the oval shape and banners all from scratch?

Using powerpoint i just created a series of ovals and you can chose which are on top of which. You can also apply backgrounds to shapes, hence how i got my pictures to go on an oval.

The banner is just an autoshape created by powerpoint and i put a text box in it.

Great looking labels all! I'm just wondering who the blonde in the 1st "Dimwit" label is, I was able to identify all the rest easily. Regards, GF.

Back