New kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. You need dual secondary regulators for running different pressures. The system you are looking at will split the line and run the same pressure to each keg with an ability to cut the gas on or off to either keg individually.

In order to accomplish separate pressures to each keg you need a setup like this. http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=475

You should upgrade to the dual body regulator, keep the manifold, and buy another gas line with a disconnect. That way you could pour two kegs off the manifold and be force carbing the third keg you will eventually buy on the second body of the regulator.

Ya I just bought that same kit. I didn't realize the regulator was a single one, but now I guess it will be ok for now and I will upgrade later. Mine will be here Friday. Woohoo!

BTW if you get that kit go look on ebay.com for kegconnection. That kit was $219 shipped as a Buy-It-Now.

what i would do is just turn the gas supply to one of the kegs off at a little over your serving pressure and then pump the other keg up to the higher pressure and serve then you can serve both of them at different pressures, you might just have to pump the other one back to serving pressure if you drink alot

I have a question based off of Joedub's initial question. I plan on ordering a setup today. I plan on getting the same setup, only i'll have faucets. Initially I'll only have one beer on tap because thats all I have fermenting now. Could I get the setup with the single regulator and just shut the other line off having all the pressure going to the filled keg, or would I need the dual regulator to do this?

I plan on, for the most part having 2 beers on tap at all times. Which direction should I go?

I have a question based off of Joedub's initial question. I plan on ordering a setup today. I plan on getting the same setup, only i'll have faucets. Initially I'll only have one beer on tap because thats all I have fermenting now. Could I get the setup with the single regulator and just shut the other line off having all the pressure going to the filled keg, or would I need the dual regulator to do this?

I plan on, for the most part having 2 beers on tap at all times. Which direction should I go?

You do not need a dual body regulator to do what you describe (2 taps, one used and one disconnected): you simply shut off the unused gas line at the manifold level.

Now should you get the dual body anyway ? With the dual body, you could have a different pressure on each line. This can be used to:
* force carbonate one keg while the other one is at serving pressure.
* having 2 different serving pressures to accommodate your taste.

It is up to you

finny: what mperceau said. I would add that you might as well get some additional beer line right away. I'm not sure why the keg suppliers continue to sell the kits with 5' lines which are almost always too short to balance the system and keep foaming down. Pick up an additional 20' or so for two kegs as depending on you exact set-up you'll end up needing right around 8-10' per line for a good pour.

finny: what mperceau said. I would add that you might as well get some additional beer line right away. I'm not sure why the keg suppliers continue to sell the kits with 5' lines which are almost always too short to balance the system and keep foaming down. Pick up an additional 20' or so for two kegs as depending on you exact set-up you'll end up needing right around 8-10' per line for a good pour.

Yes it is my understanding that when you buy a kit, you will probably end up upgrading parts later. So you may want to consider ordering them now so that you do not have to spend more money later and end up with extra stuff you do not need. For example, a lot of people on HBT say that you should get the perlick SS faucets or you will regret it. It means spending more now, but saving on the long run.

Back