New house! Cautiously optomistic...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
We just came out of attorney review. Closing is 1/29 barring any shenanigans. Moving from my current 800sf house on 0.15 acres to a 4br, 3.5bath ranch on 5 acres. Plenty of room for all of my hobbies and a full finished basement begging for a bar.

Pictures for the house voyeurs

Wish me luck :)

-Joe

Good luck! Buying a new home is always fun. :)

I must say, those basement stairs look deadly! :eek: :eek:

Congrats! We just bought a house. Our closing date was October 22nd. We signed on Wednesday and hope to get the keys today!

ahhhh, I missed the part you said about wednesday. But still, why didn't you get the keys at closing?

Sellers are on the wrong coast. I signed on Wednesday afternoon, they signed Thursday morning and then their papers had to be overnighted back here for recording.

I like the garage space. That second single car garage area looks great for a brew shop. :D
It's actually earmarked for my woodworking/blacksmithing shop :) At least until I build a smithy. The brewery will either be in the main garage in that storage space on the far left, or in the basement office in the pictures.

-Joe

I'm glad the basement is a walkout, that circular stairway would be a pain to carry stuff up and down.

How's the workmanship on that builtin seating in the kitchen? Something that must go, is livable or will stay?

I'm glad the basement is a walkout, that circular stairway would be a pain to carry stuff up and down.

How's the workmanship on that builtin seating in the kitchen? Something that must go, is livable or will stay?
Yeah, without the walkout that staircase is a deal-breaker. The sliders in the basement are huge, so that'll make getting the pool table a lot easier to get in ;)

The built-in seating looks nice, but it's going to go. It completely ruins the flow of the kitchen, forcing you to walk around to the front of it to get in. It'll be replaced with a nice table and chairs. So you can still look out over the land and horse farm across the street, and not feel like you're in a 70's diner :D

-Joe

That staircase is beautiful. And I like the booth in the kitchen, but I can see how it could be in the way.

We just came out of attorney review. Closing is 1/29 barring any shenanigans. Moving from my current 800sf house on 0.15 acres to a 4br, 3.5bath ranch on 5 acres. Plenty of room for all of my hobbies and a full finished basement begging for a bar.

Pictures for the house voyeurs

Wish me luck :)

-Joe

Sounds nice, love to see it but that link just gives me a black screen and an errors icon in the bottom left hand corner.

We lived in a house for 3 months with a spiral stair case. I hope your laundry room is on the same floor as your bedroom. Never again.

I kinda had the same thought... Maybe they have a laundry chute or something... We had one in our first house when the laundry was downstairs.

Sounds nice, love to see it but that link just gives me a black screen and an errors icon in the bottom left hand corner.

Just remembered I am running some application I need to be on a special company tunnel to get on that is probably it. I will try later when I get off it.

The best part about a spiral staircase is falling down it drunk... my college dorm had a spiral staircase. Awesome. Seriously, you never really fall far or hard so it is just funny.

I want to put a spiral in my house, that thing is a great inspiration.

I hope you get it!!!

I kinda had the same thought... Maybe they have a laundry chute or something... We had one in our first house when the laundry was downstairs.
They do have a laundry chute. Amusingly enough it's in a kitchen cabinet :)

But hey, my wife said she wants the house, and she does the laundry :D

-Joe

Dealing with lawyers is one giant PITA. We were closing 1/29, then 1/22 ,then 1/29, now 1/27 with the current owners renting from me for a week while their mortgage gets sorted out.

Whee! Just started packing today. Three boxes so far for beer glasses alone :D :mug:

-Joe

Congrats..Tons of space. I'm looking at a house right now that has 4 acres. My house now has less than a 1/4 area. Good luck on your new home.

Nice! Would be wonderful to live on 5 acres. What shape does the lot look like? Rectangle, triangle?

It's a big honkin' rectangle. Or at least some sort of parallelogram ;) Here's the property laid out on the Google maps image.

survey.jpg

-Joe

Back