New Homebrewer From Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlanier01

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys,
First of all this is a great forum with tons of knowledge, resources and articles you just can't find in books. Reading about 4 hours of this forum gave me the confidence to go ahead and start my own kit this past weekend. 10/18/09.

I got into brewing after overhearing a few buddies at work talk about the beer kits they had been experimenting with. We have a small Beer Drinking Society at work so I see it as a natural progression towards my love of beer.

In Chicago we have a great store, Brew & Grow that has all of the supplies you could ask for to get a homebrew operation off the ground. With a mentor, a great supply shop and this forum I look forward to the road ahead.

Welcome to the board. I've heard Chicago has a nice home brew shop. We've got a Brew & Grow in Rockford also. I can't complain about the selection. I rarely have to find alternatives for recipes other than yeast. But...the knowledge of brewing is a bit lacking.

Back