New guy, here...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtant

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm new, here. I've made a few random comments here and there, but thought I would go ahead and make a formal intro.

My name is Shaun. I'm 31, married, one daughter (almost 2 mos old). I've been a wheeled vehicle mechanic in the military for nearly 10 years. The first two were spent active duty Army at Ft lewis, WA. The last 8 have been in the Guard back in Lexington, KY. Minus, of course, a year in Iraq and this year in Afghanistan. Back home, I'm a technician who supports 9 different guard units full time. It's not a bad gig...

I drink beer, obviously. I tend to like the darker, malty stuff. My wife likes the hops. Some of my favorite beers: Guinnesss, Smithwick's, Blacksmith (Guinness and Smithwick's), Bell's Double Cream Stout, Brooklyn Chocolate Stout, Breckinridge Vanilla Porter, Kona Pipeline Porter. Eh...you get the idea.

Brewing and kegging and bottle from kegs are things I'd like to get into. I had my wife pick up a 23cu ft freezer off Craigslist the other day. I think it'll make a very nice keezer. Aside from that, we save bottles. I have well over 100 that have at least been washed. Most have the labels removed, as well. And that's about it.

Again, just saying hello...

Welcome Shaun. We're glad you joined us.

Thank you for your service and your family for their sacrifice.

Thanks, guys.

I was mobilized to Campbell in 2003. We were stood down, but we were there for over four months. I guess the ground war progressed so quickly they decided a field artillery brigade with three battalions wasn't needed. :D Of course, this was in the beginning of Iraq. When my unit was mobilized, we hadn't crossed the iraqi border. That being said, we were taking all our equipment. Hundreds of pieces of rolling stock would have needed to be rail loaded to the coast and then shipped over.

We called it the War on Sobriety. We lost. That was back when soldiers were allowed to drink before they went into a warzone. Nowadays, they take your rank and pay if you get caught drinking during a mobilization.

We have the lamest fighting force in the world ;) lol

Back