New guy from West Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orrin1988

Reaction score
Hey, been lurking around here for a few weeks now. Just getting around to posting.

Here is a quick history of my brew experience.

- Bought Mr. Beer Kit for my dad when I was 11 years old (this was 13 years ago).

- Dad brewed 100+ batches of Mr. Beer and LOVED it.

- Turned 22 and decided to brew my own with a friend (with Mr. Beer)

- Mr. Beer experience was not too great due to some mistakes and so I only did 2 batches.

- Friend of mine got a new 5 gallon system about 9 months ago and has been brewing like crazy

- Got my system a month ago and got my first batch going. (I am brewing with a friend here in abilene so we can split cost.. we have 2 carboys, a fermenting bucket and other supplies. We want to get to wear we have 2 batches going at a time (at least) ).

So anyway, that's where I am right now... Its just a simple Extract kit for now, but we will slowly buy the parts needed to do All-Grain brewing. If you have any equipment you'd like to hand down or sell please let me know. We'd like to convert into a All-Grain brewing kit that allows for 5-5.5 gallon batches for now.

Look forward to lots of fun with new recipes and new tricks.

Back