New Equipment Cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
If all goes as planned I will be doing a cleaning run on the new HERMS system from Stout Tanks in the next few days. While most areas can be readily cleaned with some barkeepers friend I'm concerned with getting into things like the inside of the HERMS coil and the nooks and crannies of the valves. What cleaning agent would you all recommend for cleaning of manufacturing lubricant and other contaminants?

BKF will work well throughout. Standard PBW or oxyclean in hot water is also a good choice for the general cleaning of equipment. A pipe brush or something similar will help you get at the valves.

I really wanted to use something like Dawn...but, with the pumps running it would have been a mess and probably caused the pumps to cavitate. So, I went straight to PBW. I didn't feel any oil on the metal so hopefully I'm good. I think they polished the stainless which would have gotten that off. There was some green residue that nothing but BKF would take off...I'm thinking that was polishing compound.

Hello All, new to the site and wanted to tag on a question to this thread. We have a Superior Kegerator with Kegco dual faucet. It's time to clean the lines but I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. We have the quart size sani pump, but not sure how to remove the faucet on the tower. Help please.

Back