New electric stand finished.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyW

Reaction score
Just finished building my electric setup. 220 volt.

0E9579F8-38D7-4E43-83C5-F6A9D3FAB405.jpeg57A2F628-C7FD-46C0-9DB2-5969888AD046.jpeg

Damn that's a nice and simple setup. If I'm reading it right, you heat your strike water in the kettle, then pump it up into the mash tun, when mash is complete it drains back into the kettle, use the pump again to vorlauf, then sparge to collect your target volume before the boil?

I'm a BIAB guy but I've been wanting to put together a mash tun like yours so I can vorlauf for clearer wort. I didn't realize you could do it without a third vessel. Thanks for sharing!

I have not WayFrae, I hope to run it through a cycle with PBW this weekend.

JayJay I plan on using the kettle to heat the strike water then pump that to the mashtun. Then filling the kettle with the rest of the water and heating that to a couple of degrees above mash temp.
After a short mash rest I’ll start recirculating from the tun to the kettle then pump back to the tun. I don’t sparge to volume because I’ve been using this kettle and tun for 5 years and know my target volumes for each step. The only change in those volumes should be my new equipment loss, which should only take a run or two to figure out.

Thanks for explaining it, I have no experience with the traditional mash tun process and this is super helpful info. Now I'm inspired to try it out!

Back