New Electric HERMS build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbjr1960

Reaction score
now that the cave is done I am starting my Electric HERMS build. So far I have 15 Gal Bayou Classic for the HLT,
15 Gal Blichmann Boilermaker Mash Tun W/ Blichmann AutoSparge & Blichmann false bottom,
15 Gal Blichmann Boilermaker brew kettle
Greenlee Punch set, $160 but I plan on making it available to my local Brew community as a way of giving back
2 immersion coolers with a Wayne utility pump for closed loop wort cooling ( I have a low producing well and cannot use too much water) in a cooler full of ice. here are the first pics. still have a lot of details to sort out yet. will keep everyone posted tho

A Good Start.jpg

Mash Tun.jpg

Punch Set w:step bit.jpg

scored this @ the scrapyard the other day, $275 scrap weight price! Second pick is the proposed setup; HLT underneath right side on a shelf with it's own dedicated march 809, Mash tun right above it with lines going down to SS Heat exchanger in HLT, over to BK on left, wort cooling via two copper coils, one in the BK and one in sink filled with ice, circulated with a utility pump. And then pumped into the fermentor, all controlled by a "Brewtroller". Everything is ordered and awaiting delivery. HURRY UP UPS GUY!!! BTW UPS just delivered 3 March 809's Ye Ha

Table.jpg

Table 2.jpg

Nice score on the table..although how you scored a hover table for $275 is beyond me (see the lower left leg in the pic). :tank: What about putting your BK on the bottom instead of the HLT and setting up a Brutus? You've got the pumps for it.

Anyway, good luck on the build.

I got my brewtroller today and went down to the electric supply store to get case Stuff. here's what I came up with. I started with an 8" x 8" x 4" pvc water tight panel box and things went from there. I decided to go ahead and mount the panel so I can plan my wire routes. I am going to use a separate power distribution box so all I have running to the control is one 110v for the 12v power supply and then 12v out to the relays and valves. here are the pics. The support bracket I scored from work it was originally used to hold a LCD touch screen control monitor.

control panel.jpg

control panel side.jpg

control panel open.jpg

control panel back.jpg

panel support bracket.jpg

Back