New electric boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
Looking to get a new e kettle. Just started looking into them not sure what to go with a 10 gal mega pot or the 10 gal blichmann boilermaker g2 would like to here what everyone is using and how they like them. Pros cons. I am going to eclectic so I can brew in my basement. Not looking to buy a whole system right no just start picking up pieces as I go. Going to continue to use my cooler for now. I am just getting into all grain brewing and only brew 5 gallons at a time so I think I can get by with the 10 gal pot if I am wrong please let me know.
Thanks any advise would be great.

I would suggest looking at BruGear. I have a ten gallon G1 Blichmann and just recently bought a 15 gallon electric BruGear kettle. Tri-clover fittings are so much easier to deal with. If you ever want to brew with gas, say at a group/big brew you can just get a tri-clamp cap for the element port.

I would suggest looking at BruGear. I have a ten gallon G1 Blichmann and just recently bought a 15 gallon electric BruGear kettle. Tri-clover fittings are so much easier to deal with. If you ever want to brew with gas, say at a group/big brew you can just get a tri-clamp cap for the element port.

Ok, these Brugear kettles have me intrigued but confused. Why do the heating element connections appear to be so high up on the kettle? Shouldn't they be lower?

I believe what you are looking at is the temperature port. The electric heating element port, in the picture on their website, is on the back of the kettle. Now they are putting the heating element on the right side of the kettle so it does not get in the way of the ball valve, especially if you decide to get a pickup tube.

I believe what you are looking at is the temperature port. The electric heating element port, in the picture on their website, is on the back of the kettle. Now they are putting the heating element on the right side of the kettle so it does not get in the way of the ball valve, especially if you decide to get a pickup tube.

Ok, that makes sense.

Back