New brewery almost complete.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
Well I just bought a new house a couple months ago in the beautiful mountains of tijeras, nm. I'm finally getting settled in and almost have my brewery up and running. One of the biggest selling points to me on the house was the HUGE 1000 sqft garage complete with plumbing for a utility sink and wired for 50a 220v. Luckily I have an amazing fiance that only requested one parking space for her car and the rest is mine to do as I please. Without further delay the pictures! All I have left is installing the exhaust fan for my vent hood and a lot of cleaning.
First couple pictures are the space as I was working on moving in.. then the progress.. I have posted details on the brew system before but I'm happy to answer any questions. I can't wait to get brewing again, 4 months is way to long. Cheers!
20180313_213303.jpeg
20180315_144302.jpeg
20180403_153615.jpeg
20180403_162811.jpeg
20180403_163425.jpeg
20180420_125710.jpeg
20180420_160346.jpeg
20180426_134743.jpeg
20180426_134750.jpeg

Wow, that aluminum diamond plate alone is likely worth more than my whole brewing rig, and possibly my car, combined. What an amazing set up! I'm more than a bit jealous but it gives me something to aspire to. Happy Brewing.

Yea the diamond plate wasn't cheap but far less than stainless would have been. No bank robbing but I have a pretty good job& no kids so a little disposable income for now.. this setup has been an evolving work for a few years now.. always making changes and updating. I'm very pleased with everything so far.

Absolutely amazing! Love the system you built and envious of the space you have! Enjoy your unreal creation and brew some great beer!

John

So are you opening a brewery in your house or is this just for fun with you/friends etc? Looks amazing!

Unfortunately local laws do not allow me to operate a brewery out of my home, otherwise I would. It is just for personal/friends use with aspirations of one day having a small brewery.

I did my first waterbrew/cleaning last night and everything went very well! Can't wait for brew day! For anyone interested I got the diamond plate aluminum from cutsmetal.com they sell any size you want and ship nationwide for a pretty reasonable price.. super easy to clean/install..

Unfortunately local laws do not allow me to operate a brewery out of my home, otherwise I would. It is just for personal/friends use with aspirations of one day having a small brewery.

I am going to consider myself a personal friend and head over...LOL.

Yeah, I bought two sheets of that diamond tread plate and can attest to the cost. Nothing brewing related is inexpensive. Bling bling...chaching

Hey so I saw your profile picture from your RIMS posting and noticed your SS Brewtech grant vessel (is that the word?)... can you post a little on how that works?

Yes, I use a ssbrewtech 5.5gal kettle as a lauter grant, the purpose is to keep from compacting the grain bed while I am recirculating my rims, it is also used during vorlauf to filter grain out of the wort and keep it from getting in the boil as well as improving clarity and efficiency. Basically during my mash, my mash tun runs off into the grant that also has a false bottom, then to my pump, through the rims tube and back to the top of my mashtun. You can clearly see the difference in clarity change before your eyes while recirculating. Is it necessary? Probably not but I like it and have had very good results.

Haha I have never counted.. I'm gonna say probably well over 100.. I have a whole box full of spare parts, clamps, and gaskets..

Thanks for the pictures...I have some questions! Did you build your control panel yourself, or did you have it built? If you had it built, who built it? Is the 220V 50A circuit provide enough power to run a brew session while also keeping your fermenters temperature-controlled?

Thanks for the pictures...I have some questions! Did you build your control panel yourself, or did you have it built? If you had it built, who built it? Is the 220V 50A circuit provide enough power to run a brew session while also keeping your fermenters temperature-controlled?
I wish I could say I built the panel but I did not. I purchased it from another member on the forums who put a ton of thought and time into building it. It is 1 of a kind. I did make a few modifications after I bought it to be able to run 2 elements in the hlt or 2 in the boil at the time to speed up my brew day. The panel is on it's own dedicated 50a gfci circuit, my fermenters and glycol chiller are on a different 120v 20a gfci circuit. The controllers for the glycol system and fermenters are just inkbird temp controllers.

I wish I could say I built the panel but I did not. I purchased it from another member on the forums who put a ton of thought and time into building it. It is 1 of a kind. I did make a few modifications after I bought it to be able to run 2 elements in the hlt or 2 in the boil at the time to speed up my brew day. The panel is on it's own dedicated 50a gfci circuit, my fermenters and glycol chiller are on a different 120v 20a gfci circuit. The controllers for the glycol system and fermenters are just inkbird temp controllers.

Thanks! I couldn’t see the panel clearly, so I hoped that I finally ran across someone that was supplying power to his or her brew system and fermenters through one control panel powered by a 50A 220V circuit. I knew that doing all that on one panel would be cutting things close, but I still had (have) wishful thinking that it could be done.

Thanks! I couldn’t see the panel clearly, so I hoped that I finally ran across someone that was supplying power to his or her brew system and fermenters through one control panel powered by a 50A 220V circuit. I knew that doing all that on one panel would be cutting things close, but I still had (have) wishful thinking that it could be done.
There is a close up of the panel. Sorry thought I had posted one.
20171012_022718.jpeg

Most of it is clean in place circulating near boil water through everything. I work with triclamp fittings at my day job so I'm pretty quick with them.

That is an incredible setup. Well, I guess it is credible since you have pictures, but nonetheless impressive. Also impressive is that your garage is 50sq ft bigger than my house.

Back