New Brewer in Metro Detroit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjwoody

Reaction score
Just Wanted to say hello to everyone and say what a great place this is to learn about the hobby. Stumbled upon this site while researching homebrewing. After lurking for a few weeks just had to join the community here. Just started brewing last month with a Northern Brewer kit, and loving it so far. First batch still in the primary, hope it turns out ok.

Welcome, there's a lot of us from the metro Detroit area on this forum, and on facebook. Michigan has the most homebrewshops/capita of any state in the Union...and we were the majority on here for quite awhile...I don't know what the numbers are now.

What's your homebrew shop? Are you in a club?

Welcome to the fold!

Where abouts in Metro Detroit are you? I'm currently Up North near Traverse City, but went to college at Oakland University, and spent some time in Berkeley, while doing marketing for GM from Feb 2014 - June 2015.

Definitely check out Adventures in Homebrewing if you haven't already. They've got stores in Ann Arbor and Taylor, as well as do online sales.

Thanks Revvy! Not in a club yet, but checked out Brewing World on Mound Rd. Convenient location for me and a pretty decent shop.

Thanks Curtiss and ncbrewer. I'm in the Madison Heights area, not far from Berkley. Will definitely check Adventures in Homebrewing when I get a chance.

Welcome!

I went to College in Flint, and worked in the D for a while.

Welcome.

I'm from westland/plymouth/livonia area, moved to chicago a couple months ago. Was a member of the sons of liberty homebrew club in Plymouth. Good people.

Back