New Belgium 1554 Enlightened Black Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I just bought one and I'm loving it. It's nice and clean and really reminds me of a shwartzbier. I'm going to have to try to clone this one.

I used to drink a bit of this years ago. I had it again last weekend for the first time in ages and it was very good. I do like a good schwarzbier. This beer is definitely worth trying if you haven't had it.

Definately give it a shot. Their Abbey is great, too. The 1554 goes really nicely with a decent maduro wrapper cigar.

I used to drink a bit of this years ago. I had it again last weekend for the first time in ages and it was very good. I do like a good schwarzbier. This beer is definitely worth trying if you haven't had it.

It's not a schwarzbier, it's an ale with a similar malt bill, but a great beer nonetheless. That clone recipe posted looks good except for the yeast choice, but I have never really been able to figure out the New Belgium yeast strain.

Back