New auber RTD probe with bru supply controller issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamster

Reaction score
Guys,

Got a new 8" auber RTD temp sensor. I have a brau supply single vessel 240 controller that I got last year. Works fine with the temp sensor provided. But with new 8" probe it registers HH on my controller. Any ideas? I messaged brau supply but thought I would see if you guys had any ideas.

Guys,

Got a new 8" auber RTD temp sensor. I have a brau supply single vessel 240 controller that I got last year. Works fine with the temp sensor provided. But with new 8" probe it registers HH on my controller. Any ideas? I messaged brau supply but thought I would see if you guys had any ideas.

If you have an ohmmeter, you can check the probe wiring. The resistance between different colored wires should be about 100 ohms. The resistance between the two same colored wires should be 0 ohms. The the measurements are other than this, the probe is bad.

Brew on :mug:

I don't have an ohmmeter but I have another auber temp sensor that came with my kettle and it didn't work as well. Seems unlikely I would have two faulty temp sensors.

I that case it's possible that Auber wires the probes to connectors differently than does Brau Supply. If you have any soldering skills, this shouldn't be to hard to remedy. You just need to figure out how the Brau Supply probes are wired to the connectors, and then rewire the Auber probes to match.

It was the wiring. For some reason auber had the temp probe as the white wire going to 2 instead of three. Even though the auber controller specifically says white wire on three. Thanks for the help. Maybe I can brew tomorrow now!

It was the wiring. For some reason auber had the temp probe as the white wire going to 2 instead of three. Even though the auber controller specifically says white wire on three. Thanks for the help. Maybe I can brew tomorrow now!

The suppliers often change wire colors depending on stock. I have about 10 different rtds and probably 5 different color wire variants.

The suppliers often change wire colors depending on stock. I have about 10 different rtds and probably 5 different color wire variants.

Correct. The important thing to remember is to wire the two same color wires the same as the two same color wires in the instructions, whether the colors match or not. Then wire the odd colored wire the same way the instructions say to wire the odd color wire. For example, if the design/instructions have two red wires and one white wire, but your RTD has two blue wires and a red wire, then connect your blue wires where the design says to connect the red wires, and connect your red wire where the design says to connect the white wire.

Latest posts

Back