New (?) 6 gal size torpedo kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanPancho

Reaction score
just saw this at morebeer. had no idea this was a thing but if you ferment in a corny and want to get that full 5gallons finished beer this seems like the answer. based on other torpedo kegs im guessing the total volume is probably around 6.2 or 6.3 gals.

Torpedo Ball Lock Keg - 6 gal. |

Oh, I really like this. I will be getting one on my next morebeer order, since I'm a big ferment and serve from the same keg kinda guy.
Oh, I really like this. I will be getting one on my next morebeer order, since I'm a big ferment and serve from the same keg kinda guy.
I know this is almost two years later Nick, but I love hearing about brewers doing the same thing as I do in terms of ferment and serve from same keg. Do you ferment under pressure and if so do you worry about clearing the trub at all or do you just leave at bottom? Also, I use a floating dip tube with filter. Was wondering how much room you leave at the bottom not to pick up trub when serving - either cutting the dip tube or cutting the floating dip tube? Thanks for any suggestions. Mainly asking because I used to cold crash and then push out the trub through the liquid out using co2 before carbing with a regular size dip tube that comes with the corny keg. But don’t know if you can do that if fermenting under pressure. Or if it is really necessary to do at all with 5 gallon batch in a corny keg. I have read so many contradictory answers.

Back