New 5 and 6 gallon glass carboys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewer92

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on where to find a good deal on new glass carboys. Looking to buy 15-20. Thanks for your help!

Where are you located? I just picked up 4 at the Reading Glass and China store in Lancaster, PA for $14.99 each. They also have a store, in, you guessed it, Reading. I don't know if they ship though.

I'm in San Diego, and I see them for sale on craigslist pretty often. You could try that for your city.

I'd call some of the Better Bottle dealers and ask for a special price based on your quantity. Shipping is not bad as they are very light. You can't go wrong with Better Bottles. You back will thank you and you feet will too if you ever drop one on a toe. :)

Hermish said:
I'm in San Diego, and I see them for sale on craigslist pretty often. You could try that for your city.

Maybe, but I think he's interested in brand new ones and not used ones.

I would suggest talking to the owner of your LHBS and seeing if he could cut you a deal on them since you are looking to buy so many of them.

-walker

pjj2ba said:
Where are you located? I just picked up 4 at the Reading Glass and China store in Lancaster, PA for $14.99 each. They also have a store, in, you guessed it, Reading. I don't know if they ship though.

Thank you for this post. This is only 45 min. from my office.

pjj2ba said:

:eek: Friend wife was just in Lancaster....dangit....next time. Where is that place located? Do you have an addy for it? $15 is pretty darn good, considering most folks have to have them shipped.

PS - This store is great for homebrewing supplies of all types, not just carboys. They have bottles sometimes, glassware for serving, various utensils, mason jars for yeast washing, etc. Also I bought a 5 gallon stainless steel pot there for like $15 and it's very good quality.

Dude, you are becoming my hero. The lancaster store is 45 min from my office and the DE store is 30 min from my house. Thanks again!

Back